Monday 23 March 2009

Response to Katy Finch's remarks under Week 12, dated 15 February 2009

Katy, I have read your suggestion to discuss alcohol in week 12 and felt compelled to make a few comments in response. In your closing comment you raise the question “What would we do if alcohol was not around?” For a start, a lot of people would have more money in their pockets instead of throwing it down the toilet, which is what drinking literally means. Getting drunk is such a waste of time and money. I am not a sad person so don’t even think of saying it, just because I don’t drink. If I died tomorrow I could honestly say I have had a very enriched and meaningful life to date. I have travelled, read and enjoyed a wealth of books, and have hobbies that give me so much joy and pleasure. I can socialize quite happily with a drink of orange juice or water and it is satisfying to know that I shall not be squirming the day after by recalling embarrassing remarks I may have made. I am so grateful that I have never succumbed to drinking alcohol and that I have not done anything to risk killing off any brain cells.

http://take-off-your-colours.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment